Monday, February 16, 2009

ruined cupcakes = amazing sandwich cookies

peanut butter cookies with peanut butter filling

These were supposed to be peanut butter cupcakes (the Joy of Cooking recipe), but either because I tried to double it or because I used natural peanut butter instead of the ordinary kind, the "batter" turned out like relatively dry cookie dough. I had no idea how to fix it, so I made cookies instead. I used peanut butter frosting (also Joy of Cooking) to make huge sandwiches. Please note that I have successfully made this recipe many times, and it makes delicious cupcakes, so don't let my misadventure keep you from trying it.

You can't really tell in the pictures, but the cookie sandwiches are about two inches tall. The first day, the cookies were a little hard, but after a day in the cookie jar, they were soft, moist, and chewy. Too bad I can never make these again since I don't know what went wrong. Yum!

peanut butter cookies with peanut butter filling

peanut butter cookies with peanut butter filling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...