Sunday, May 17, 2009

crochet newsboy cap

I used the "Soon Come" pattern from Get Your Crochet On: Hip Hats & Cool Caps. The book has great instructions with clear photos which was a great help for a beginner like me. I used a bulky wool blend yarn in several colors that I have had stashed for a few years. The hat turned out too big (because of the bulky yarn) until I washed it with hot water for a cycle or two. Now it is perfect!

**edited to add: That this hat turned out well at all was kind of a happy accident. Since this yarn is discontinued I don't know if I could even accidentally reproduce it. Your results will surely vary, but experimenting in crochet is fun so give it a shot!**

On to the pictures!

Finished:


Unsnapped:


Top:


Top (pre-felting):


Pre-Felting:


I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...