Sunday, March 20, 2011

77::365

77::365

Pattern: "Granny Square 2" from 99 Granny Squares to Crochet from Leisure Arts.

Forget what I said yesterday about the squares from this book working up to 6-7". This one is 10"! At first I planned to scale it down to either 6" or 8" to use with the two sizes of squares I have been making so far, but with the way the lacy corners are made, it would have to be heavily modified to do that and wouldn't really be the same pattern at all. I been avoiding lots of patterns for larger squares for this very reason. Well, not anymore. I can just imagine how cool and quilty an afghan from huge squares like this will be. I'm thinking of making big squares now on Saturdays and/or Sundays from now on because they can be sort of time consuming. I have been afraid to commit to making larger squares every single day for weeks on end because I'm so busy on the weekdays. Then I realized, hey, I can do whatever I want! Allowing myself to be flexible with this project helps keep it interesting for me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello thanks for following me on tumblr. I really like your blog and i can't wait until I can crochet well. Love your work.

    Catrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...