Sunday, May 22, 2011

137::365 impossible hexgon

137::365

Pattern: "Impossible Hexagon" by Stramenda.

I really love crochet patterns like this one that are an exercise in turning one shape into another. Once you see how it works, you can start to experiment with adjusting patterns and even begin to come up with ones of your own! The mesh chain stitch border that turns the hexagon into a square reminds me of "Primrose Square" from 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton, another granny square I really enjoyed making. The only change I made in this pattern was to add chain stitches to the outer round in the corner to make joining easy later.

137::365



I'm trying to get ahead by a square or two today so that I can finish up my next granny square tutorial this week. This time I'll show you how to join squares that are different sizes! Be sure to check out my previous tutorials:

part 1: basic granny square

part 2: how to adjust the size of your granny squares

part 3: joining squares of the same size

part 4: blocking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...