Thursday, July 7, 2011

179::365 granny square #28

179::365

Pattern: "Granny Square 28" from 99 Granny Squares to Crochet from Leisure Arts.

I feel like this pattern could use fewer chain stitches between the "petals" on round 2. It could have something to do with my use of three obviously different brands of yarn for each color in this square. The light pink was noticeably thicker than that mauvey thrifted color. Maybe the square is just supposed to look this way.

I added an extra round of single crochet to give it a little more structure since this is a small square with lots of relatively big holes. Instead of 5 sc in the corner in those last two rounds, I worked 2sc, ch2, 2sc. When I just do one chain stitch in the corner, it seems harder to find the center of the corner later.

179::365

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...