Wednesday, July 20, 2011

188::365 coral seas

188::365

Pattern: "Coral Seas" from 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton.

Technically squares like this one that are not worked in the round, but rather in rows, are not really granny squares. That's okay because I like the way they contrast with my other squares. I have been avoiding the blocks from this book that are worked in rows for the most part because I don't think they would look that great in multiple colors, and I think that working in a single color is pretty boring.

When I'm making one like this out of rows, I like to make a final round of single crochet (all the way around), being careful to use the same amount of stitches on each side so that it will join nicely later on. This seems to help square it up, too.

188::365

Here are some other squares I have made that have been worked in rows:

1 comment:

  1. I am liking your colors on all your squares..nice work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...