Sunday, October 2, 2011

245::365 winter rose

245::365

Pattern: "Winter Rose" by Jean Leinhauser in 50 Fabulous Crochet Squares.

The center of my square bears little resemblance to the sample in the book. It is supposed to be kind of ruffly instead of the slightly scalloped circle I have. I'm not sure why this is. I always use a magic ring for the center of my squares, and when a looser ring didn't look great, I cinched it almost all the way shut.

Another change I made was in the final round. I used hdc instead of sc, and I worked them into the back loop and the loop at the very back of each sc of the previous round to create the neat ridge effect.

The fabric in the background is one of my favorite vintage tablecloths. I really need to take a picture of the whole thing!

245::365

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Gah! Cute granny, but I want that tablecloth!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...