Thursday, December 22, 2011

completed: tunisian crochet case for my kindle fire

kindle cover

I knew from the moment Junior gave me a Kindle Fire, I had to crochet a cover for it! This is what I made from the striped Tunisian block (#318) from the other day. I made the rectangle as wide as the Kindle and long enough to completely wrap around it, then I decreased at the beginning and end of each row until I got to a point to make a triangle flap. I skipped a few stitches to form the buttonhole.

kindle cover kindle cover
kindle cover kindle cover

I added a round of sc around the whole thing and then another row on each of the flat sides for seaming. I blocked the whole piece, sewed the seams, blocked it again, and then sewed the lining fabric into place. I wasn't sure how this would turn out as I've never made anything other than those four squares from Tunisian crochet, but it is perfect! I'm really pleased with the result!

blocking in progress

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! I am not the best at sewing lining to crochet or I would make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile, smile, smile!! Love the colors and fabric you picked!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...