Monday, January 30, 2012

pancakes!

pancakes on the griddle
pancakes on the griddle

I really wish I had a better pancake picture to share.  I have this one recipe in my recipe box that always comes out just perfectly every time.  I normally make them plain, but the ones above were made with a cinnamon roll inspired topping.  You can try them either way.


awesome pancakes

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons melted butter

Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.  In a separate bowl, beat the milk, eggs, vanilla, and butter.  When the mixture becomes frothy, blend in the dry ingredients. 

Preheat the griddle to about 350°F.  Pour 1/4* cupfuls of batter onto the hot surface, leaving plenty of space for them to spread out.  (I tend to forget this part!)  Add any extra ingredients at this time (like the cinnamon roll topping or blueberries).  Once the bubbles that form start making it to the surface, flip them over and cook for another minute or two. 

yield: about a dozen 5" pancakes

cinnamon roll topping

1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans


*I use a 1/2 cup measuring spoon to pour the batter, but I only pour out half.  It is kind of thick and sticky, and I'm too lazy to use a bowl scraper when I don't have to.

I looked around the web to see if anyone else made cinnamon roll pancakes, and I found these adorable mini ones.  What a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...