Friday, April 1, 2011

89::365

89::360

Pattern: "G-1" from Better Homes and Gardens Crocheting and Knitting "Granny Square Sampler Afghan."

I've been trying to incorporate lots of the vintage yarn my mom sent me in this afghan. The light pink, peach (you can barely see it there under between the yellow dc and the pink dc rounds), and bright yellow in this square are some of those yarns. The dark borders in the original afghan are what makes me dislike the color scheme, so I'm trying to limit dark colors in mine. As you can see here, I'm not totally avoiding them.

89::365

This square worked up to 9". I'm working on filling in the middle so that I can begin to experiment on joining the squares together (and filling in the gaps that are definitely going to exist!). I'm off of work today, and I have lots of plans for this three day weekend!!


2 comments:

  1. I love days off where you can crochet all day and watch movies and hang out....yesterday I finished and blocked a shawl while watching harry potter...best day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you! You just made my day! Years and years ago I started this blanket. I found the book in my local library, photocopied the pattern, and bought the yarn. I got about 2/3 of the way through. I have all of that middle section, and a few of the outside squares finished. Years of moving around and being generally messy later, and I've kept my squares but lost the pattern! I searched through the library, but I couldn't find the book, and I had no idea what it was called. I'm so glad I happened upon your blog! Not only do I now know what the book is called, allowing me to finish my blanket in progress, but it's really cool to see someone else's version. I LOVE the colors you're using! Thanks SO MUCH for posting this!

    -Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...