Sunday, October 30, 2011

270-273::365 circle experiments

270-273::365

Pattern: none

When I mentioned that it seemed like I have crocheted most of the circle-in-square patterns on Ravelry, my bloggy friend Elizabeth inspired me to try to adapt circle motif patterns into granny squares. These four squares are the result of some experimenting I needed to do before I get started with more complex (and larger) circle patterns. It was way easier than I thought it would be. You can see the basic way I worked the first squaring round below. I drew a square a littler larger than my circle on a piece of paper. Then I figured out where the corners would go by dividing the total number of stitches by four. From there it was mostly trial and error to fill in the gaps with ascending and descending heights of stitches. I'm excited to try bigger circles now!

circle to square

3 comments:

  1. I love your circles in squares. What a cool and fruitful experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Yay! Glad I could be of help. Love the one on the bottom right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you found my blog, so that I found yours! Learning to make granny squares has been one of my crafting goals for a long time now! Yours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...