Friday, November 11, 2011

280-283::365 japanese squares

280-283::365 japanese squares

Patterns: These two Japanese patterns from Pierrot Yarn (the PDFs are here; you don't have to read Japanese, just crochet charts!).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I wish every crochet pattern had a chart. Simple repeat patterns like this barely require more than a glance once you figure out what the symbols mean. The flower square in the lower left was made as shown in the chart with the addition of the final 3dc "granny" round to give it some structure.

The other three squares started out as the circle (and kinda hexagon-ish in the case of the green one) shapes you see below. I'm really enjoying the challenge of crocheting these into squares! I wish I could explain a simple formula for doing this, but it is different every time. I am so ready to experiment with some freeform crochet next year. I feel like I am really starting to understand how to get the shape I want!

japanese crochet motifs

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing!!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great!! I love the PIerrot patterns, and am totally with you on the charts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great, as always. It is so true, you have to make slightly different adjustments each time. And stitch symbols definitely make life easier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...