Wednesday, December 7, 2011

305-308::365 vacation squares

305-308::365

Patterns (left to right): "Front Post Double Crochet Square", "Petite Flower", "Forget Me Not", & "Wild Flower" from The Granny Square Book by Margaret Hubert.

For the most part, when I block the squares I crochet, it is just to even out the stitches a little bit and straighten them up for pictures. The first square here (the fpdc square) was one of those that required so much blocking that I would make it differently next time. The corners want to stick out way too far. I think the solution is to decrease the number of stitches in the corners next time.

I've been making these squares with my J hook because I've misplaced my favorite size H one. There is just something I like about the way worsted weight yarn stitches up on larger hooks. It just looks downright fluffy. I haven't had any problem adding squares made with different hook sizes in my sampler afghans in case you're wondering.

I'm getting in lots of crafting time during my week of vacation since I'm just hanging out at home. In addition to making granny squares, I'm also reading the new issue of CraftSanity (I'm in there if you didn't catch that the other day!), baking brownies, and working on a new scrap rug for my super cold floor that I'll share soon.

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I particularly like Petite Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:17 PM

    Lovely! Also, I'm going to be making some of your super simple bows. And I'm working on a scrap rug, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...