Sunday, January 23, 2011

23::365

23::365

Pattern: "Primrose Square" from 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton.

This is a pretty square that isn't really too hard if you read the directions carefully. I definitely had to block this square before photographing it. These lacier blocks really benefit from some stretching.

23::365

23::365

waiting

I had a restful but productive weekend. I'm finally feeling a bit better after a couple of weeks of feeling ill. Junior and I went to Taqueria La Original, one of our new favorite places. The table we waited at was a little worse for wear, as seen above, but I love all of the bright colors.

flower potholder

And I did it. I made a potholder out of this same square from yesterday. It is double-thick (the other side is a plain square in double crochet). I like my potholders to be fully functional, and one layer crochet potholders just aren't!

flower potholder

In sad news, earlier this week, my grandmother passed away. I found this neat old photo of her with my grandfather, and two kids that must be my dad and one of his brothers, that I thought I'd share.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Grandmothers passing, mine passed away in November. I hope you will be comforted by fond memories of times spent with your Grandmother. They are very special ladies!

    Your Primrose square is just Beautiful...I love the colours you have chosen!
    Gorgeous pot holder too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the potholder! and I'm sorry about your grandmother

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...