Friday, May 20, 2011

134::365 ladybug square

134::365

Pattern: "Ladybug Square" by Amelia Beebe.

I didn't think I was going to like this square with the others at first. I think I couldn't get past the black yarn used around the ladybug. If you haven't noticed, I'm trying to steer clear of any dark colors in these May blocks. So...I used my new favorite, I Love This Yarn in Peacock Sparkle for the head, antenna, and detail stitches for the ladybug. And the spots are little cross stitches. I really couldn't love this square more now!

The pattern offers two ways to attach the head of the ladybug to the rest of the square. I chose to sew it down instead of attaching it with later rounds by crocheting in the back loops. When I tried the other method, it just looked kind of messy to me. I did crochet the tops of the antenna by going through the back loop only.

134::365 134::365

My goal for this weekend is to get ahead by at least one square because I'm having the hardest time blogging about them the same day. This square and the one I posted yesterday had been completed the nights before! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous square!!! I love the bug and think it would be a lovely addition to a rug for a child small or big. :) Where did you find the Peacock sparkle yarn? I'm thinking Christmas projects.
    As always, thank you for sharing your beautiful work.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...