Sunday, February 19, 2012

crochet capelet

crochet capelet

I finished this capelet last night, and I think I've gotten over some of the doubt I expressed about it the other day.  It looks pretty cool!  I'll probably even wear it from time to time.  The free pattern from Lion Brand was super easy to follow, but next time I would go down a pattern size.  I had already reduced my hook size after making the initial guage swatch from J to H; that could have been necessary because I substituted Loops & Threads Impeccable for the Vanna's Choice the pattern suggests.  I went back to J to finish it off by adding a row of single crochet around all sides except for the bottom.  The edges don't quite reach my elbows, which is exactly what I was going for with the length.

crochet capelet

I mostly crocheted this capelet just to have an excuse to use this awesome rhinestone pin that my mom gave me.  It must be meant for shawls and the like because it has two prongs that you lift up to catch the layers and then press back down. 

blocking

I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!  Ours was low key, spent at our favorite Mexican place, Birrieria Diaz.

valentine's dinner at our favorite place 

4 comments:

  1. I bet you're going to look stunning wearing this... I can see a simple black dress with simple shoes and this over the top.. heheheh

    You better not let the dog sleep on it.. I love it!

    You've done a sterling job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! and such a gorgeous colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! What a fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your caplet is stunning! Green is my favorite color, too. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...