Monday, April 25, 2011

109::365

109::365

Pattern: "Granny Square #62" from 99 Granny Squares to Crochet from Leisure Arts.

This is the last of the squares from my camping trip! It was a super simple one. You could totally make it without ever seeing the pattern (hint: there are two ch stitches between each dc in the middle and the corners are 3 dc, ch 3, 3dc).

I added a solid border of dc around the edge. You may wonder how many stitches to work into the open space when you do this. If I'm using the same hook size throughout, I generally work one stitch into each stitch of the previous round and one stitch per chain in the space into the space itself. So here where there are ch 2 spaces, I worked 2 dc stitches into the spaces. Corners are a bit trickier, but I usually use 2 dc, ch 2 (sometimes 3), 2dc in the corners.

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog today. You must really be the granny square guru! Fantastic work. Will defenately follow your blog!
    Esther (happyinred.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...