Sunday, February 20, 2011

51::365

51::365

I love picot stitches! Today's square is a modified version of the motif used in the pattern for this tablecloth below. I came across it in Golden Hands Volume 6 while reorganizing my bookshelves this weekend. I definitely did more browsing than dusting, and I found a few more motifs to try. If you come across these books for a few dollars each, I recommend buying them! (And if you just so happen to be in Oklahoma City, I can practically guarantee that you can score them for $1 each next weekend at my favorite event of the year, the annual Friends of the Library Booksale!) They are full of patterns for knitting, crochet, embroidery, quilting, and all kinds of other crafts. More pictures of some of my favorites from this volume follow.

golden hands vol 6

golden hands vol 6

golden hands vol 6

golden hands vol 6

golden hands vol 6

golden hands vol 6

golden hands vol 6

golden hands vol 6

I especially love the Princess and the Pea, Thumbelina, and The Little Mermaid wallhangings in the last picture!

Hey, Amy from sweet sweet life featured my mosaics of my progress so far and had some really nice things to say in this post. I was seriously blushing when I read it. Thank you! And thank you to everyone who has left a sweet comment about my project here or on flickr. It really is encouraging and I totally appreciate it! :)

How was your weekend? I *finally* watched the new Star Trek movie. And holy crap, I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...