Tuesday, August 2, 2011

197::365 picot flower square

197::365

Pattern: "Picot Flower Purse" by BigĂș Osuna.

I linked to this super cute little pattern the other day, and I had to try it out. I made this square and a matching plain granny square for the back of the little zippered purse this will become. The pattern is more of a tutorial for how to create the purse and how to turn a five petal crochet flower into a four sided granny square. The actual details are vague in spots, but you can easily figure out what is going on in the photos. The pattern is in Spanish, too, and it may be more detailed than the English version. The picot flower part is actually a separate free pattern.

197::365

The green round was supposed to be worked through the middle of the previous round, but I had already woven in the ends, making it impossible to even get my hook through the center, so I had to improvise. I worked the green around the posts instead, and it didn't seem to hurt anything. I made a second basic granny square (with a ch stitch between each 3dc shell) for the back. Now I need to make a zippered lining to attach to these squares and then crochet them together.

197::365

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...